Get your ham license
How to get your ham license
Download these license/test questions and answers:
It presents the questions and only the correct answer. There is no need to memorize the incorrect answers.
Please Note: This question pool expires June 30, 2022
A true study guide: The No Nonsense Technician Class Study Guide by KB6NU
Study and take the practice exams often until you are averaging an 80% pass rate or better.
You can also get free apps for your smart phone to help you practice:
Exams are every second Thursday of the month in Queen Creek and every third Monday of the month in Mesa
You can always attend one of the regularly scheduled exam sessions offered by the East Valley
Volunteer Examiner Team. Details about what to bring to an exam session is listed below.
You will need to bring the following with you:
· $15.00 Exam Fee
· Photo ID – Driver’s License, Student ID, or Any government issued photo ID
· Your Social Security Number is required for the FCC application. However, if you register with the FCC in advance, you can receive an FRN, which is an FCC Registration Number. You can use that on your application instead of the SSN. Here’s the link to get your own FRN number: FCC FRN Registration
Due to public orders requiring social distancing and limited public gatherings, the usual monthly exam sites listed below are on hold.
However, there are a couple of options available.
1. Social Distancing Approved Session in Mesa—If you would like to reserve an exam seat in the next social distancing approved session, please send an email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be provided with contact information of the VE session manager who organized this event.
2. Remote Exam Session—Visit www.hamstudy.org/sessions to register for a remote VE session.
Details for Monthly Exam Sites: ** ON HOLD **
Organization: East Valley QRP Group QCECG - Contact: Dave Martin, AC7FF, at email@example.com
Time: Usually at East Valley QRP Group’s “Gathering of the Willing” weekly park meetings.
Registration Not Required
Organization: East Valley VE Team Contact: Fred Bollinger, AB7JF, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-242-8606.
Time: 2nd Monday of Each Month at 6 PM
More testing locations here: http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session
Free Practice Exams:
- http://www.qrz.com/hamtest/ – You’ll need to register to use the site, and then look under the Resources pull down menu and select Practice Amateur Radio Exams. Be sure you then select the 2014 Technician Exam Practice Test.
If you don't mind spending a few bucks for online training, these folks have a money back guarantee and are highly recommended: http://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/
Recommended Radio & Accessories CLICK HERE